[Fedora-livecd-list] Minimal development environment on Livecd

James Gallagher jbgallagher2000 at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Apr 8 04:29:10 UTC 2008

Right, here you go, keeping in mind that this is a
LiveCD, do we really need

1. Selinux, selinux troubleshooter
2. Totem Movie player (it doesn't actually play
anything does it?)
3. Gnumeric Spreadsheet (How many people are gonna use
a livecd for spreadsheet work)
4.Evolution (99%  of peeps will use web based mail on
a livecd)
5. Some of the rubbish games.

Also, bear in mind that many people install from the
livecd, and are then left without an internet
connection to run the add/remove package manager. If
they could easily enable a wifi driver then the above
packages can easily be added after installation.

Is it just me that thinks this is more important than
having a spreadsheet for instance. It is a real pain
in the arse trying to set up fedora on systems where
the wifi connectivity isn't working out-of-the-box, I
don't really understand why the team are so against a
small 20mb addition to make it a smoother process.

Regards

James