[Fedora-livecd-list] Minimal development environment on Livecd

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Tue Apr 8 21:19:24 UTC 2008

James Gallagher wrote:
> Jeremy Katz said a discussion could start if I
> suggested packages to remove. I did this, quite
> sensibly, so why no replies?

Desktop live cd is unlikely to ship with any development tools. Short
term workarounds are generally not encouraged. If you would like to
create a custom live cd to meet your needs, there is good documentation
for that and there are many here who can help answer questions on that.

Additional note is that people working on these things are now busy
getting the Fedora 9 release out which is reaching major milestones and
requires lot of attention at this point.

Rahul