[Fedora-livecd-list] Issue with current Revisor Rawhide version

sebastian at when.com sebastian at when.com
Tue Apr 15 17:41:29 UTC 2008

Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
> sebastian at when.com wrote:
>> Hi everybody,
>>
>> I'm not sure, whether this is the right place, but I was just trying
>> to use the current revisor rawhide version (2.1.0-1rc7.f9)...
>>
>> The major problem I encountered was, that the whole process takes
>> hours to complete
>
> For it to take a very long time is an indication something is wrong...
>
>  (well, I stopped it before it was able to finish): When I
>> had a look at the revisor-rundir folder in /var/tmp/, I figured out,
>> that the LiveOS folder was somehow blown up:
>>
>> ext3fs.img has 2.8 GB (!) and squashfs.img up to 9.1 GB (!), which
>> seems to me quite big (I'm just preparing a live CD with about 700 MB).
>>

> The ext3fs.img being this large doesn't surprise me, but the squashfs is
> way too large. I'm not sure what happened, could you run with --debug 9
> and see if the increased verbosity gives any indication? If you send me
> the log and the configuration I'll take a close look at them.

I tried it again today using the CLI and the --debug option and it
worked quite well (and way faster). It didn't create a final iso image,
but I got the files in the revisor-rundir folder: ext3fs.img still had
2.8 GB, but the squashfs.img was at about 800 MB...

Currently, I'm giving it a second try...

Thanks for your help!

Sebastian