[Fedora-livecd-list] Revisor creates a very large iso image

Lars Bjørndal lars.bjorndal at broadpark.no
Sun Apr 20 21:05:23 UTC 2008

Jeroen van Meeuwen <kanarip at kanarip.com> writes:

> Lars Bjørndal wrote:
>> Hello, list!
>> WHile trying to generate a livecd with the git version of revisor
>> from
>> thursday 17.th (or wed 16.th, not sure), I get an iso file of about
>> 3GB, although I expect it to be about 500MB. I'm not sure what debug
>> info you need to tell me why it is so large, so I just want to ask if
>> there is some known issues regarding theis problem. If not, I will
>> come back with more info, e.g. output from the building process etc.
>>

> This has been a known issue in certain cases where both the
> squashfs.img and the ext3.img end up on the ISO image. Please use the
> latest from GIT and tell us if it's solved now.

Yes it is. However, I'm not able to boot the livecd:

Reading from bottom and upwards:

swithroot: mount failed: No such file or directory
Setuproot: error mounting /sys: no such file or directory
setuproot: mounting /proc no succh file or directory
setuproot: moving /dev failed no such file or directory
mount: missing mount point
mkrootdev: expected fs options

What could be done to fix this?

Best regards,