[Fedora-livecd-list] tips for embedding qemu on livecd to boot directly from windows?

Adam Stokes adam.stokes at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 10:41:15 UTC 2008

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 7:50 PM, Jeremy Katz <katzj at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-04-19 at 00:10 -0400, Adam Stokes wrote:
>  > my end goal is to put a livecd into a running windows box and allow a
>  > user to run that.
>  >
>  > from my research distro's like helix, dsl have this capability but
>  > seem to use some sort of knoppix trick with possibly cloop? and a
>  > particular qemu image to allow this to take place.
>  >
>  > has anyone run into this or could possibly point me to some
>  > documentation for livecd remastering to this extent?
>
>  The big thing would be using %post --nochroot so that you can stick
>  files directly on the iso.  Which you would then want to be the qemu
>  binary for Windows as well as probably a script to start things.  The
>  existing %post --nochroot should give a reasonable idea of how to put
>  things there
>
>  Jeremy
>
>  --

Great thanks -- ill look into this.

Lastly, is it possible to perform some sort of livecd from a running
system? Ive messed around with slackware and linux-live which works
reasonably well but of course its a pain to resolve library deps :)

if not is this something planned in the future? i'd like to help with
this as well.

thx

--
( adam stokes ) || ( adam.stokes at gmail.com )