[Fedora-livecd-list] Bootloader --append option support?

Ian Main imain at redhat.com
Fri Aug 8 17:29:45 UTC 2008

On Fri, 8 Aug 2008 12:51:43 -0400
"Michael Prisant" <michael.prisant at gmail.com> wrote:

> This is probably obvious but insofar as the livecd toolset is used to
> produce a pxe booted image (as with the stock livecd-iso-to-pxeboot script
> or a hacked variant), the relevant serial console options can be appended to
> the  append line  in the relevant stanza of the pxeboot file.  For example
> here is an excerpted stanza from the "default" file in my
> /var/lib/tftpboot/linux-install/pxelinux.cfg directory:

Yes, as a work around this is what we are doing for now.  However this only solves it for the pxe boot versions.  There are also cd rom and flash varieties which get their boot options from the cd image.  It'd be much better to have it adjustable in the kickstart and then have it propagate to all image types.

I'll take a look and post a patch in the next few days.

Thanks guys!

	Ian