[Fedora-livecd-list] Using the livecd-creator way to build a custom Install CD on CentOS

Oliver Häßler o.haessler at googlemail.com
Sat Aug 16 21:56:10 UTC 2008

Hi Guys,

well, today i played a little bit with the livecd-creator tools on CentOS
5.2 and I think it is awesome. Well, at work, I have to administrate some
CentOS 5 and RHEL 5 Proxy Servers, and I have the problem, that once a
while, I have to create a new Install CD, which is a custom CentOS / RHEL CD
with a kickstart Installation on it. Right now, I have the problem, that
when I build a new CD it should use the actual Packages out of a repository
on my Server. Right now, I have to do it by hand to exchange the files like
kernel rpm or other packages to have the updated Packages inside the new CD.
After looking at livecd-creator, I search something like the mechanism for
downloading the rpms from a repository. So something like: look at my
comps.xml to see what should be installed and download it from a repo. Also
a system with a kickstart file would be ok, like: create a kickstart file
with all rpms that should be installed, download the RPMs, and do the other
stuff to prepare the installation CD. Maybe one of u guys have an Idea how
to manage that.

Thanks in advance.
--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards