Re: [Fedora-livecd-list] Making content available on both sides of the live CD

Asheesh Laroia wrote:
On Mon, 4 Feb 2008, Tim Wood wrote:

I think you're looking for something like this. If bob had a file called 'my_file.html' in his home directory, he'd do this to copy it to the root of the cd:

%post --nochroot
cp /home/bob/my_file.html $LIVE_ROOT/

Right - but if we're talking about gigabytes of photos and music, then that's less than ideal space-wise. Hence my bringing up Hybrid CDs.

So it sounds like you really want your gigabytes to be on the HFS side of the *DVD* right? That certainly isn't supported at the moment, though I suppose could be made to work. (I have no idea what a hybrid looks like (automounting and such) to the system currently).

fwiw, we had a more thorough discussion of this about a week ago on the list.

Taking a look at https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-livecd-list/2008-February/thread.html and https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-livecd-list/2008-January/thread.html doesn't find anything obviously relevant to me - sorry if I'm just missing something.

This may be the relevent post, but doesn't add too much-

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-livecd-list/2008-January/msg00080.html

-dmc