Re: [Fedora-livecd-list] Virt-p2v live CD, comments and packaging

Jeremy Katz wrote:
An entirely new inittab seems... overkill.  Is an initscript to run your
functionality not good enough?

No, I used to do it like that, and it was problematic.

This was many months ago so I'm a bit vague on the exact details but it would have been something to do with either getting stdin/stdout to the tty or having /sbin/init unexpectedly put up a prompt during or after my initscript running.

The current method (modifying inittab) works well anyway.

Rich.