[Fedora-livecd-list] Creating i386 LiveCD on x86_64 Fedora

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Sat Feb 16 17:39:49 UTC 2008

Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 12:37:57 -0600
> Gian Paolo Mureddu <gmureddu at prodigy.net.mx> wrote:
>
>> Hello, I'm terribly sorry if this has already been asked, and thus
>> answered. I'm trying to generate an i686 LiveCD image on an x86_64
>> Fedora, how can I force the packages to be fetched and "installed" be
>> those for i686, or do I need to be running an i686 Fedora?
>
> call 'setarch i686 livecd-creator ...'

That's interesting because I've been generating what are apparently 32
bit images on my x86-64 system just by selecting the i386 repo in the
kickstart script:

repo --name=released
--baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/releases/8/Everything/i386/os/

That seems to work fine and indeed the ISOs I've made have been booting
fine on a 32 bit machine.

Am I doing something wrong?

Rich.