Re: [Fedora-livecd-list] cachedir conflict... bug?

OK, this is a bigger problem than simply conflicting with the host's yum repodata cache. It can easily conflict with itself if you use a local persistent cache.

Stepping back a bit to explain from the beginning:

Instead of create() I use each step. One of create()'s steps is mount(). Instead of the defaults I use:
mount(None,"/path/to/anywhere")

This makes testing the image creator really fast because I don't have to grab packages from my mirror each time. In the previous message I described how this conflicted with my host's yum repodata when I used /var/cache/yum. I of course can avoid this conflict by setting it to anything else. But then I realized, it can easily conflict with itself leading to failure.

If I use *any* hard-coded persistent cache directory with ImageCreator, create a i386 image and immediately follow it with a x86_64 image, then it is affected by the previous architecture's repodata.

Surely this is a bug?

Otherwise I have no choice but to include arch within cachedir's name, which seems bad.
/var/cache/imagecreator-i386/
/var/cache/imagecreator-x86_64/

Warren Togami
wtogami redhat com