[Fedora-livecd-list] cachedir conflict... bug?

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Tue Feb 19 18:09:01 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-02-17 at 23:08 -0500, Warren Togami wrote:
> If I use *any* hard-coded persistent cache directory with ImageCreator,
> create a i386 image and immediately follow it with a x86_64 image, then
> it is affected by the previous architecture's repodata.

Yes, it's a cache.  You're saying that you have a repository that's
named the same thing (which is the only thing to differentiate between
two repositories) and yet has different contents when you run it.  Note
that things like this are part of the reason why we, by default,
instantiate a cache *per run* of livecd-creator.  --cache is an option
for those who know what they're doing.

> Otherwise I have no choice but to include arch within cachedir's name,
> which seems bad.
> /var/cache/imagecreator-i386/
> /var/cache/imagecreator-x86_64/

If you're doing runs of both i386 and x86_64 on the same machine and
want to keep a persistent cache between runs, this is what I would
recommend.

Jeremy