[Fedora-livecd-list] Using kickstart

Gary Thomas gary at mlbassoc.com
Sat Feb 23 11:43:30 UTC 2008

I'm running anaconda-11.4.0.37 (+ patches from git to handle
custom/fixed partitioning).

I can see from the scripts that 'liveinst' is supposed to
handle kickstart files.  However, when I try it, anaconda
doesn't seem to even care...

   # liveinst --text ks=nfs:192.168.1.101:/tftpboot/ks/custom.ks

Looking at the install log (/tmp/anaconda.log), I can see this
get passed into anaconda, but no other mention of it.  The
install process just simply carries on just like I never used
the ks= option at all.

Am I missing something [fundamental] here?

Thanks