[Fedora-livecd-list] Kickstart ignored?

Jerry Vonau jvonau at shaw.ca
Fri Feb 29 17:41:18 UTC 2008

Gary Thomas wrote:
> Jerry Vonau wrote:
>> Gary Thomas wrote:
>>> Running a system built with anaconda-11.4.0.40 (and friends), the
>>> kickstart commands seem to be ignored when run from liveinst.
>>>   # liveinst --text ks=/tmp/ks.cfg
>>>      or
>>>   # liveinst --text ksdev=eth0 ks=nfs:192.168.1.101:/tmp/ks.cfg
>>>
>>> Am I doing something wrong?
>>>

>> Jeremy said that the ks file needs to be local at this point, stage1
>> grabs the ks file, but there is no stage1 with a cd install.
>>
>>> I really want to get this working so I can do [scripted] installs
>>> from a livecd image.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>

>> Is the network up at this point? If not.....
>>
>> A work-around would be to script the grabbing of the ks file yourself
>> and copying it /tmp. Use wget for a http/ftp source or maybe mount the
>> nfs server and copy over the ks file.
>>
>> Then use something like this:
>> liveinst --text ks=/tmp/ks.cfg
>
> Precisely what I already did (see the first example above)

Just so I'm clear here, you burned the iso with this file in /tmp?

Looking through /usr/sbin/anaconda I see:
op.add_option("--kickstart", dest="ksfile")
but no --ks= so I don't think anaconda is using the ks file.

Perhaps "liveinst --text --kickstart=/tmp/ks.cfg" would do the trick
here. That is setup in the livecd ks file, which would need to be edited:

if strstr "\`cat /proc/cmdline\`" liveinst ; then
    /usr/sbin/liveinst --kickstart=\$ks
fi

if strstr "\`cat /proc/cmdline\`" textinst ; then
    /usr/sbin/liveinst --text --kickstart=\$ks
fi

Hoping I'm on the right track,

Jerry