[Fedora-livecd-list]

Thiago Braga Santana thiago.braga.santana at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 21:30:11 UTC 2008

Hello List.

I customizing the livecd of Fedora 6 you developed. I urgently need to
understand two parameters of the kernel. "LIVEINST" and "LIVEIMG", must
fully understand the usefulness of each.

Recently I discovered a problem with the livecd, a problem which affects the
software in the package lvm2, when do the livecd with bootparam "liveimg."
This is the error:
"
/sbin/lvm.static
Parse error at byte 996 (line 43) the expected value.
Failed to load config file /etc/lvm/lvm.conf
"

The detail is key: this problem only occurs when livecd run on computers
with hard drive-type SATA2.

However, the problem does not occur if I use the bootparam "liveist" instead
of "liveimg."

I need you to help me understand the concept of these two bootparam because
I believe I can help you fix this in the livecd CentOS.

Please do me respond as soon as possible.

Thank you.

Thiago Santana