[Fedora-livecd-list] Issue with customized Fedora Live CD

Douglas McClendon dmc.fedora at filteredperception.org
Wed Jan 9 03:56:25 UTC 2008

sebastian at when.com wrote:
> Hi there!
>

> I am going to build a customized Fedora Live CD with some educational
> applications using revisor. In the repo config, I needed to exclude
> *.i586 and aspell-* (apart from aspell and aspell-en) to solve
> conflicts. In the end, the image was successfully created (a little bit
> larger than expected, currently approx. 750 MB, but that’s not the problem).
>

> I have tested the image in a VMware installation and there, I got the
> following error message:

I don't have any ideas off the top of my head.  But the first things I
would ask/suggest are

- does the image exhibit the same behavior under qemu and/or real hardware?

- assuming it does, then you might try manually mounting the the image
and looking at the filesystem (specifically /sbin/init), i.e. something like

# mkdir /mnt/test_prime
# mkdir /mnt/test_container
# mkdir /mnt/test_root
# mount -o loop /path/to/Fedora-8-Live-i686.iso /mnt/test_prime
# mount -o loop /mnt/test_prime/LiveOS/squashfs.img /mnt/test_container
# mount -o loop /mnt/test_container/LiveOS/ext3fs.img /mnt/test_root
# ls -l /mnt/test_root/sbin/init
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 35440 2007-10-10 14:54 /mnt/test_root/sbin/init

-dmc