[Fedora-livecd-list] caching repository?

Douglas McClendon dmc.fedora at filteredperception.org
Wed Jan 16 03:04:35 UTC 2008

Tim Wood wrote:
> I've been (finally) setting up a local Fedora 8 Repository.  In the
> process, I've discovered that os+updates+development now approaches
> 20G.  Given that a lot of that material is not relevant to me --at a
> guess 2G of the archive plus update and dev versions so 4-6G-- I
> realized a repository tool that only loaded things from an official
> repository when it was requested for the first time could be very
> useful.  Does anyone know of such a creature?  If not, would this be
> useful to anyone be sides me?

squid?

(hence question I asked about yum proxy configuration in anaconda a
while back, but don't think I ever got an answer to)

And this (InstantMirror) was talked about on fedora-devel, but I wasn't
paying too much attention (looks like what you want).

http://wtogami.livejournal.com/20405.html

-dmc