[Fedora-livecd-list] eth0 and eth1 in kickstart

Tim Wood tim.wood at datawranglers.com
Fri Jan 18 06:35:19 UTC 2008

In my livecd-creator kickstart, I'm trying variants to do one dhcp and
one static eth:

network --bootproto=dhcp --device=eth0 --onboot=on
network --bootproto=static --device=eth1 --onboot=on --ip=[ snip ]

When I check ifconfig, I have eth1 with dhcp and eth0 without an ip.
When I go through Network Device Control (gui), I see eth0, eth1,
eth0.bak and eth1.bak with my static dumped in one weird place and my
dhcp in another.  Headache time...

When I googled around I didn't find much useful besides a grumpy post
that indicates there are problems with Network Manager under f8.
Heavily snipped down version:

Fedora's implementation of Network Manager ... will (not) allow you to
set your system to a fixed IP address - only DHCP assigned addresses
work. ... take a look at
http://www.fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=172205&highlight=networkmanager

Is anybody on the list using eth0 and eth1 in a kickstart file or have
an idea how to make such a setup work.

Tim Wood, CLP, RHCT
719.338.7484 (tel)

The Data Wranglers
Web, Database & more since    since 1994
www.datawranglers.com