[Fedora-livecd-list] kernel panic on base-desktop

DON.RAIKES at ORACLE.COM DON.RAIKES at ORACLE.COM
Sat Jul 12 21:19:19 UTC 2008

Hi,

I have fedora 9 installed on my desktop, and I used yum to install livecd-tools.

Just as a baseline before doing any changes, I tried creating a livecd based on the default
livecd-fedora-base-desktop.ks that ships with the livecd-tools.

$ livecd-creator -c livecd-fedora-base-desktop.ks -f mydesktop

The iso was created just fine, so I used wodim to burn it to a cd.

$ wodim -dao dev=0,0,0 mydesktop.iso

I rebooted with the cd in the drive and the results:

kernel panic!

While I am not a linux newbie per ce, I am not sure where to start debugging this kind of situation.

Could something be broken in rawhide causing this, or is it something I did wrong?