Re: [Fedora-livecd-list] How to install a tar file (not a rpm ) into livecd?

hi tim:
   Thanks for your fast reply, I've found how to copy file to livecd using the %post-nochroot and pasted here,you made my day,thanks again.

in your own config/kickstart, you can add a section like the following
(note, you can just add this, as there can be multiple of these %post
sections)

%post --nochroot

mkdir $INSTALL_ROOT/usr/share/extramedia
cp /home/mdickson/some.mpeg \
$INSTALL_ROOT/usr/share/extramedia/

mkdir $LIVE_ROOT/momedia
cp /home/mdickson/someother.mpeg \
$LIVE_ROOT/momedia/

%end

Note, the first part, will add the file to the root filesystem that is
visible when you boot up the livecd/usb.  And as a result will be
compressed during the build process (but obviously not well, as mpeg is
already compressed as much as it can).

The second part (using LIVE_ROOT instead of INSTALL_ROOT), will add the
file to the cdrom filesysem, uncompressed.  As such, the user could for
instance easily see the file if they dropped the cdrom into a windows
system (on the cdrom, under the top level folder 'momedia').