[Fedora-livecd-list] French fr_FR LiveCD spins

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Thu Jun 12 12:25:19 UTC 2008

Nicolas Chauvet wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Here are the french ks for localized LiveCD spins.

Hi Nicolas,

Just a few remarks on the kickstart you submitted;

the timezone should already be applied by kickstart; I removed the cp in
%post, I'll submit them to the spin-kickstarts git repo later today.

> The current problem with adding dictionaries and man-pages is
> that they are disabled in the included ks.
>  (-man-pages-* etc )
> So I expect it would be easier to have an "international - offical" ks
> that would allow us to add this kind of packages; without having theses
> packages removed first.

There's fedora-livecd-desktop-default.ks for "international" purposes;
it includes @*-support, for example.

The KDE non-localized kickstart does not remove man-pages-* explicitly,
but I'm not sure whether they end up on the image (pulled in by
dependencies?). Maybe, if they are not pulled in by dependency resolving
or anything, we could just do the same for the desktop spin to resolve
the problem.

> The %__install_lang_macro seems really interesting for localization
> works. It will save around 200Mo from a liveCD/USB spin. and will make
> the KDE Live spin ... a "potential" LiveCD spin.

It is! I'm thinking to add this to the default localized spin thing so
that these get less fat and people can include (large) dictionaries etc.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen