[Fedora-livecd-list] Boot to RAM

mdlabriola at yahoo.com mdlabriola at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 16 16:20:34 UTC 2008

Does the current Fedora Live CD support loading the rootfs to RAM?  I thought I remembered that as a boot option in some of the earlier releases (Fedora 6?).

I googled a bit and found reference to a 'live_ram' command line arg and tried adding that and booting, but I get the following error:

Done copying live image to RAM.
eject: did not find a device /dev/root in /sys/block/

Then I get a "Good Luck" message and a rescue prompt.

My test PC is a Core2Duo w/ 2GB of RAM, SATA HD, and IDE CD/DVD drive.

-Mike

---
Michael D Labriola
21 Rip Van Winkle Cir