[Fedora-livecd-list] removing "Install to Hard Drive" option

Todd N todd655495 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 25 20:06:23 UTC 2008

While the end result would likely be what we want, I think it would be more efficient to stop it at the source, so to speak, and prevent it from appearing under ~/Desktop at all.

A bit more info:  when I log into user X on my Live CD, I can manually remove the ~/Desktop/liveinst.desktop file and "Install to Hard Drive" icon does disappear from the desktop.  However, if I log out of the user and back in, the icon is back.  What in the login process copies this file back into the desktop?

Thanks again,
Todd