[Fedora-livecd-list] How To Create a LiveCD for Xen

M P Sairam msairam at intoto.com
Thu Mar 20 14:07:42 UTC 2008

Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 01:28:27PM +0000, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:

>>> I mean a live CD which can be booted as a Xen guest
>>>
>> I haven't tried it for Xen (only for QEMU/KVM where it definitely
>> works), but you should just be able to boot the CDROM directly.
>>
>> Try creating XML configuration following this example:
>>

> You can do this more directly with virt-install
>
> [quote src="virt-install(1)"]
>        Run a Live CD image under Xen fullyvirt, in diskless environment
>
>          # virt-install \
>               --hvm \
>               --name demo \
>               --ram 500 \
>               --nodisk \
>               --livecd \
>               --vnc \
>               --cdrom /root/fedora7live.iso
> [/quote]
>
> Regards,
> Dan.

Thanks for the reply, does booting a live CD requires hardware support
in Xen?

My processor is pentium 2.8GHz

Sairam

This email message (including any attachments) is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)
and may contain confidential, proprietary and privileged information. Any unauthorized review,
use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient,
please immediately notify the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.
Thank you.

Intoto Inc.