[Fedora-livecd-list] How to ensure minimum versions of packages?

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Mon Mar 24 22:58:41 UTC 2008

On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 09:08:06PM -0400, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-03-22 at 16:39 +0000, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> > On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 01:41:55PM -0600, Tim Wood wrote:
> > > You could create a RPM that requires what you want.  The RPM doesn't have
> > > to do anything else.  The RPM build script should be pretty short ;-) .
> >
> > Unfortunately this doesn't work.  It seems like kickstart will happily
> > install an inconsistent set of packages, as in this screenshot from a
> > live CD booted under qemu:
>
> Which version of livecd-tools are you using?  And did you specify any
> arguments to %packages?

livecd-tools-013 on F8.  I think that's quite old isn't it?  I notice
the newest version in Fedora is 015.

No arguments to %packages on that particular CD, but I am going to add
--excludedocs in future versions.

It didn't give any warnings about the missing package during the
build.

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-p2v