[Fedora-livecd-list] Question

livecd at mjkern2000.fastmail.fm livecd at mjkern2000.fastmail.fm
Fri May 9 18:21:47 UTC 2008

I am looking for something that will make a kickstart config file for
Fedora based on an installed and patched system that has all the configs
and software installed that I want.  Then I would like to build a live
CD based on that workstation that would run on that same device (but
without the hard drive, as the hard drive removes.  I would put a flash
drive there and do some sort of 'frugal install' onto the flash drive to
boot the system)  Then when I wanted to upgrade the system, I would put
the hard drive back in, update and build a new kickstart config file,
make a new live cd.

Is this possible?  What tools do I need from a kickstart standpoint to
take a snap shot of a working system?  I know how to use (or can figure
out) the Livecd tools with kickstart and I can figure out how to make a
frugal install of fedora livecd's on a flash drive, but I don't know how
to make a kickstart snapshot.  I could manually make a kickstart file
that installed the software, but i am interested in having my background
done, the menu changes saved, the wireless settings saved.  I have to
put a wep key in for my wireless to work and an too stupid with
kickstart to know how to do that kind of stuff or where to look.

Is this scenario possible, and where to do I go?

  mjkern2000 at fastmail.fm