[Fedora-livecd-list] template for localized kde live images

Sebastian Vahl ml at deadbabylon.de
Mon May 12 15:51:49 UTC 2008

Am Sun, 11 May 2008 13:44:33 +0200
schrieb Jeroen van Meeuwen <kanarip at kanarip.com>:

> Sebastian Vahl wrote:
> > Hi.
> >
> > This is a FYI: I'm using attached template for my german version of
> > the kde live images. So this might be interesting for others.
> >

> Looking at the actual kickstart;
>
> - is @german-support not included for any particular reason? space?

I'm using it for the german version but I've outcommented it for the
template.

> - in %post another little something is appended to the fedora-live
> initscript, while as far as I can see the things that you do are
> persistent, and do not need to be reset/reinitialized during boot.
> Any particular reason for adding it to the init script nonetheless?

That's because on the live images the standard keyboard layout is used
when (the english version). So without using this workaround the
localized keyboard (eg. de-latin1-nodeadkeys) won't be used.
At least that's what I've discovered in my tests.

Sebastian