[Fedora-livecd-list] how is initrd0.img created?

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Tue May 27 15:41:12 UTC 2008

Till Maas wrote:
> I want to write a patch to support the selection of the keyboard at the kernel
> commandline, but I cannot see where the initrd0.img file is created, i.e.
> which file do I have to patch?

The initrd is created when mkinitrd[1] is run as a part of the kernel's
%post.  Then, the file is moved from /boot by livecd-creator after all
the packages have been installed

Jeremy

[1] Which then ends up invoking /usr/libexec/mkliveinitrd as a bit of an
implementation detail, but hopefully we'll be cleaning that up so that
the initrd infrastructure is a bit better and requires less duplication
over the next release cycle or so