[Fedora-livecd-list] Re: failing at my first attempt at liveCD creation

Fulko Hew fulko.hew at gmail.com
Sat May 31 14:09:14 UTC 2008

On Sat, May 24, 2008 at 11:21 AM, Fulko Hew <fulko.hew at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm failing at my first attempt at creating (or recreating) a live CD
>
> - I'm using Fedora 8 (because I don't find KDE in F9 usable yet)
> - I have SELinux disabled.
>
> Following the process described in the LiveCDHowTo, well, actually
> the step:
>
> livecd-creator --config=/usr/share/livecd-tools/livecd-fedora-minimal.ks

... snip ...

Following up on my own email... I am making progress, but not because
I changed anything... I now have success in creating a live CD, just by
running _exactly_ the same thing again.  Now its basically working
(without changing a thing... Yeah, I have a hard time believing that
myself.)

Now that I can basically create a bootable media... I want to customize it.
But if I use the standard approach of always downloading the RPMs
across the net, it takes a long time, so therefore I'd like to have a local
repository to suck from.  I haven't been able to find a 'good/working'
set if instructions to follow that a) creates a local repo, and b) changes
required to the kickstart file so it _successfully_ uses that local repo.

Surely there must be a definitive set of instructions/docs for this
_whole_ downloading/setup/building/customizing a liveCD process?
(I haven't found any 'complete' instructions yet.)  Pointers anyone?

TIA
Fulko