[Fedora-livecd-list] Re: Proposed patches for livecd/EL-5 branch

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Sat Nov 1 14:53:02 UTC 2008

Bryan Kearney wrote:
>> Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>>>
>>> OK. Great. I am working remotely for a while without access to a EL
>>> system and I am running rawhide on my laptop for quite sometime. The
>>> connection is decent but not enough to start downloading new complete
>>> images easily so can't really test this at the moment but you can go
>>> ahead and commit those changes if you (or others) have tested that
>>> the following works correctly:
>>>
>>> * Create a live cd image
>>> * Use livecd-iso-to-disk script to convert the image into a bootable
>>> live USB
>>> * image-creator creates a ext3 image
>>

>> I executed the first 2 using the attached kickstart file. I got a few
>> warnings at boot up, but the images do work. Note.. the second one I
>> did running the livecd-iso-to-disk from an F9 machine.
>>
>> Rahul.. what do you normally do for #3?
>>
>> -- bk
>>

> I verified the livecd-iso-to-disk on a rhel 5.2 machine. Worked fine for
> me.

While lacking a EL-5 branch in the upstream livecd-tools git repo, I've
created a GIT repo at http://git.kanarip.com/?p=livecd;a=summary or more
specifically http://git.kanarip.com/?p=livecd;a=shortlog;h=EL-5 with the
appropriate patches applied.

I've successfully built the package locally using make dist and rpmbuild
-ta livecd-tools-013.1.tar.bz2, can someone else verify this works?

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip