[Fedora-livecd-list] liveusb-creator-gtk to be included on livecds

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Thu Nov 13 03:40:17 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-11-12 at 22:07 -0500, Luke Macken wrote:
> As far as GTK is concerned, the current liveusb-creator is actually
> rendered with GTK widgets on a Fedora 10 GNOME desktop, thanks to
> QGtkStyle.  So, I guess the only reason for creating a brand new
> interface from scratch is to avoid the PyQt dependency on livecds?

If you can find another 50 megs of things (size of PyQt4 + qt + qt-x11)
to remove from the live image, then we could include PyQt.  Of course,
someone else is likely to then want to use that space for several other
applications.  I think that it's unlikely that the liveusb-creator alone
is worth that much image space :-)

Jeremy