[Fedora-livecd-list] French fr_FR LiveCD spins

KH KH kwizart at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 15:46:53 UTC 2008

2008/6/12 Jeroen van Meeuwen <kanarip at kanarip.com>:
> Nicolas Chauvet wrote:
Sorry, I've not replied right after your answer but here are the
> the timezone should already be applied by kickstart; I removed the cp in
> %post, I'll submit them to the spin-kickstarts git repo later today.
>
>> The current problem with adding dictionaries and man-pages is
>> that they are disabled in the included ks.
>>  (-man-pages-* etc )
>> So I expect it would be easier to have an "international - offical" ks
>> that would allow us to add this kind of packages; without having theses
>> packages removed first.
>
> There's fedora-livecd-desktop-default.ks for "international" purposes; it
> includes @*-support, for example.
Ok, I think it is fixed with fedora-livecd-desktop-default.ks
So localized spin will not pick every language.
But on the other side, fedora-livecd-desktop.ks which all localized
.ks are supposed to base upon, is still preventing some packages to be
selected: (-aspell-* -hunspell-* -man-pages-*)

Thus, localized ks should link on %include fedora-live-base.ks and
take the fedora-livecd-desktop-default.ks as a base for localization
(like what I've done with this one: )
http://rpms.kwizart.net/fedora/9/ISO/ks/livecd-fedora-9-desktop-fr_FR-20080912.ks
Is it a better base than the one attached ?

>> The %__install_lang_macro seems really interesting for localization works.
>> It will save around 200Mo from a liveCD/USB spin. and will make the KDE Live
>> spin ... a "potential" LiveCD spin.
>>

> It is! I'm thinking to add this to the default localized spin thing so that
> these get less fat and people can include (large) dictionaries etc.
It seems that the support for using this option has been committed recently.
Here is what I was using previously:
---------------
%pre
# Only install the needed locales - disabled
mkdir -p /etc/rpm
echo "%_install_langs en:fr:fr_FR:fr-FR" > /etc/rpm/macros.lang
# Don't install docs - disabled
echo "%_excludedocs 1" > /etc/rpm/macros.nodoc
%end
---------------
Any idea on what would be the replacement command to support this within a ks?
Also, using %_excludedocs will conflict with the
cp $INSTALL_ROOT/usr/share/doc/HTML/readme-live-image/fr_FR/readme-live-image-fr_FR.txt
$LIVE_ROOT/README
Maybe it would be better to have localized README not stored as %doc
in fedora-release-notes ?

Nicolas (kwizart)

ps : I'm still testing about the echo fr-latin9 > /etc/X11/Xkbmap
tweak i'm using in %post. But keyboard and date aren't set right on
the international Fedora-10-beta-desktop livecd.
That was the same problem with Fedora-9 gold.
Now this tweak seems better than to hack via xorg.conf which we aren't
supposed to use anyway. (KDE Lives may use another system).