[Fedora-livecd-list] @group --something support is broken

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Tue Oct 7 18:39:05 UTC 2008

> Looking at the code, I don't think this ever worked quite right, and
> there is a bit of API confusion.

It hasn't been touched since the initial API work was done, so it's
entirely likely it's just something that got broken with all the code
churn that happened there

> Fixing this is easy, just make 'grp' the actual pykickstart group
> object.  In fact, if we did that, we could do away with the second
> argument, include =.  That would be the most simple fix, but that would
> break API.

The pykickstart group doesn't have the required_packages bits.  Instead,
you'd need the yum group.  Given what callers are doing as well as what
the yum API call expects, I think that a string is what it was always
intended to be and we just lost something to grab the yum group.
Although looking at current yum API, we could just go off of the include
constant and set group_package_types to the appropriate subset of
(mandatory, default, optional) and make things even a little clearer.

Jeremy