[Fedora-livecd-list] 3 commits - imgcreate/yuminst.py livecd-tools.spec Makefile tools/livecd-iso-to-disk.sh

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Fri Oct 10 21:18:33 UTC 2008

> Jeremy Katz wrote:
> > If you built an image that had a different version of rpm inside the
> > chroot vs out (eg, say building a Fedora 9 live image on a rawhide box
> > or vice versa)
>
> Is that being supported by livecd-tools? I remember having all sort of
> issues including SELinux policy when trying to build a image where the
> host does not match what it inside the chroot (ie) building RHEL 5
> images when the host in rawhide or anything like that. So now, I have
> VM's where the host roughly matches what is inside the chroot to avoid
> problems.

SELinux policy problems should be fixed these days as long as
a) you're running 2.6.26+ as the host kernel so that you can support
deferred unknown xattrs
and
b) there were some userspace fixes to "what's being installed" so that
things wouldn't get confused.  I think the only downside of not having
this, though, was a longer relabel at the end

Jeremy