[Fedora-livecd-list] Making a Live USB stick from running Live CD session: Unable to fit live image FAILURE

Robert Kwasniewski kwas at arriad.com
Sun Sep 14 21:24:11 UTC 2008

On Sep 14, 2008, at 4:49 PM, Douglas McClendon wrote:

> Robert Kwasniewski wrote:
>> I am new to Fedora. I was trying to make a Live USB from a running
>> Live CD session per the instructions here:
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraLiveCD/USBHowTo
>> About half way down that page:
>> Bootable USB from a running Live CD/DVD
>> If you are already running a live CD or DVD and want to convert
>> that into a bootable USB stick, run the following command:
>> livecd-iso-to-disk /dev/live /path/tousbstick
>> With a 4GB SanDisk Cruzer mounted as sdi1, I went into /mnt/live/
>> LiveOS and ran:
>> ./livecd-iso-to-disk squashfs.img  /dev/sdi1
>
> Why squashfs.img instead of /dev/live?
>
> Try
>
> ./livecd-iso-to-disk /dev/live /dev/sdi1
>
> and see if that works any better.
>
> -dmc

Thanks. In fact, I just finally got this working about an hour before
your email arrived.

1) I was not realizing it wanted to simply see the entire ISO disk
mount as you described above.

2) This still did not work for me. I needed to modify the livecd-iso-
to-disk bash script exactly as indicated here: