[Fedora-livecd-list] usb install media documentation.

Ian Kelling smallnow at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 06:25:45 UTC 2009

In the official fedora install documentation there is a section "Making USB Media",

http://docs.fedoraproject.org/install-guide/f10/en_US/sn-making-media.html#id3110774

, there are subsections for Windows and Linux. In the linux instructions, the
only instructions for installing livecd-tools are for Fedora. Obviously many
users installing Fedora don't have it on their computer already, which makes
using windows the only documented option. I think its important to have
documentation for using other linux distros.

A lot of laptops don't have cd drives nowadays. Going to try fedora on your
laptop and first thing finding that having windows is the only officially
documented way move to fedora with your hardware is not a good message.

Also, I went to see if this had been discussed before, but there is no search
feature on the archive. Its here:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-livecd-list/
Any way around that?

- Ian Kelling