[Fedora-livecd-list] Pointers to live usb using super floppy format

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Sat Dec 26 22:39:56 UTC 2009

On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 10:50:37 +0000,
  Marc Herbert <Marc.Herbert at gmail.com> wrote:

> Have a look at "makebootfat". Something like this maybe (some details
> and options skipped for clarity)

I ended up making superfloppies for the gifts. That didn't work for hp 8200s
(though there is a firmware update available). The next time I go over
to where those machines are I'll be trying out hdd formatted drives to
see if they work. I also had a machine that I ended up allowing booting
from usb-zip/ls format which was the only option to work. This seems odd
since the devices were not set up with the zip format. I haven't gotten
any format to work on my home desktop which has bios settings for booting
off hdd devices.

I probably won't try the tricky stuff using makebootfat again for a long
while, since most of the drives are in other people's hands and for the
gaming group, I'll probably just worry about getting them to work on the
8200s and want to do that simply since I don't get a lot of testing
opportunity.