[Fedora-livecd-list] Fedora 12 Live CD creation error : Unable to run ['/usr/bin/passwd', '-d', 'root']!

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Wed Dec 30 16:34:34 UTC 2009

On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 06:02:27 -0500,
  Nirmal A <nirmal.npr at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Bruno.
> I have selinux-policy-doc-3.6.32-59.fc12 installed but I still get the same
> error (ie: clearing the root password in the live image fails -  Unable to
> run ['/usr/bin/passwd', '-d', 'root']!
>
> I tried setting selinux to permissive mode but same error occurs.
>
> Any solution / workaround exist for this ?

The work around is to run livecd-creator with the system in permissive mode.
I have setenforce commands in the scripts I use to build live images.
There will still be AVCs in the logs, but the resulting images should be
OK.

It looks like there is also an issue with umount trying to update /etc/mtab.
That one looks normal. Why /selinux/enforce is getting mislabelled is a
separate question that I don't see an obvious answer to.