[Fedora-livecd-list] fedora live and astronomy

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Thu Jan 1 16:01:42 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jan 01, 2009 at 01:26:31 -0800,
  brian hurren <brianhurren at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I am wanting to make a fedora live disk specifically for Astronomy - to celebrate 2009 international year of astronomy. is it o.k to do this? can I add Kstars, Celestia, Pyfem, Stelarium ect. and is it ok for the Astronomical scocieties to give it away to members or ask for a donation to help the societies?
>
> ps. can anyone think of any other packages to add?
> is it o.k to add a modified splash screen. (see attachment)

Asking for money ins't a problem.

You need to worry about providing source for people who are interested. You
are going to need to be able to provide it on the spot for people that want it.
You can't assume that you will be able to get it from Fedora for the next
three years.

You need to worry about trade marks. I am not sure where the guidelines on
those are. Currently there is a way to replace the fedora packages with
trademarks with generic stuff. There has also been talk of having a third
option with remix trademarks, but I don't know where that is at right now.