[Fedora-livecd-list] Building a Kiosk Live CD

Clint Savage herlo1 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 10:07:34 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I'm in the process of building a kiosk CD using xguest, but I continue
to run into an issue where I can't install xguest during the building
of the Live CD.

It appears the reason for this is some SELinux settings it tries to
make when installing the RPM.  As such, the xguest rpm fails.

Here's the message I get from the livecd-creator when attempting to
install xguest.

libsemanage.bool_read_list: could not get list of boolean names (No
such file or directory).
libsemanage.bool_read_list: could not read boolean list (No such file
or directory).
libsemanage.dbase_activedb_cache: could not cache active database (No
such file or directory).
libsemanage.enter_rw: could not enter read-write section (No such file
or directory).
Could not change boolean allow_polyinstantiation
Could not change policy booleans
error: %pre(xguest-1.0.6-7.fc9.noarch) scriptlet failed, exit status 255
error:   install: %pre scriptlet failed (2), skipping xguest-1.0.6-7.fc9

I'm quite certain that if I were able to better understand how to
adjust the SELinux values above during the build, I would be better
off.  But currently, I want to see if there is a recommended way of
dealing with this sort of thing during the Live CD creation process.

Cheers,

Clint