Re: [Fedora-livecd-list] 3 more megs if we get rid of redundant copy of kernel?

On Wednesday, July 15 2009, Douglas McClendon said:
> In my livecd generation tools I go to a bit of extra hassle to play
> symlink games with /boot/vmlinuz-$(uname -r), such that it doesn't get
> put into the squashfs, since a copy of it is in the container iso/usb
> filesystem.
>
> Maybe we want to do that for f12?  It is a bit messy, but I think it's
> worth it for 3/700M.

Nope, it breaks the ability to easily install by copying over the
filesystem.  And when you consider that someone may be booting via pxe
and then trying to install (see livecd-iso-to-pxeboot), there's no
guarantee that we can get that file back.

Jeremy