[Fedora-livecd-list] F10 issues

Christopher Johnston cjohnstonwork at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 14:58:20 UTC 2009

I seem to be having a number of issues when I attempt to create a livecd in
F10.  I have noticed when creating a livecd the app is having issues
umounting the temp filesystem during the build which is kind of annoying as
I have to manually umount the filesystem each time I create a livecd.  Is
anyone noticing this same behavior?  I thought it may have something to do
with my ks.cfg I am using but to make sure it wasnt that I use minimal
kickstart configuration that comes packed with the RPM and got the same
results.

Another thing I am noticing are some filesystem errors coming up when the
FSCK is done which is causing issues for me when I attempt to insert a file
into the livecd.  Notice the output below for the deleted/unused inode?
When I boot the livecd the file is generally missing or corrupted.

Unmounting directory /root/LIVECD/imgcreate-1OWjfU/install_root
umount: /root/LIVECD/imgcreate-1OWjfU/install_root: device is busy.
        (In some cases useful info about processes that use
         the device is found by lsof(8) or fuser(1))
Losetup remove /dev/loop4
ioctl: LOOP_CLR_FD: Device or resource busy
Unmounting directory /root/LIVECD/imgcreate-1OWjfU/install_root
umount: /root/LIVECD/imgcreate-1OWjfU/install_root: device is busy.
        (In some cases useful info about processes that use
         the device is found by lsof(8) or fuser(1))
Checking filesystem /root/LIVECD/imgcreate-1OWjfU/tmp-9HElVv/ext3fs.img
e2fsck 1.41.3 (12-Oct-2008)
Pass 2: Checking directory structure
Entry 'testfile' in /usr/local/bin (8199) has deleted/unused inode 8204.
Clear? yes

Pass 3: Checking directory connectivity
Pass 3A: Optimizing directories
Pass 4: Checking reference counts
Inode 32769 ref count is 52, should be 53.  Fix? yes

Unattached inode 32812
Connect to /lost+found? yes

Inode 32812 ref count is 2, should be 1.  Fix? yes

Pass 5: Checking group summary information
Block bitmap differences:  +132014
Fix? yes

Free blocks count wrong for group #4 (28170, counted=28169).
Fix? yes

Free blocks count wrong (194301, counted=194300).
Fix? yes

Inode bitmap differences:  +32812
Fix? yes

Free inodes count wrong for group #4 (4559, counted=4558).
Fix? yes

Free inodes count wrong (55120, counted=55119).
Fix? yes