[Fedora-livecd-list] Change login manager & desktop wallpaper

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Fri Mar 20 21:38:46 UTC 2009

poorani mani wrote:
> hi all,
>
>  I need to change desktop wallpaper in Livecd.How can i do that in .ks file.
> then i dont need the login screen.when booting livecd it will
> automatically login without asking password how i do this in .ks file

Desktop wallpaper can be changed by modifying the source rpm of the
desktop background package and rebuilding it.  The desktop live cd uses
GDM and you can set the timed login to zero in %post section. Example

---------

%post

cat >> /etc/rc.d/init.d/livesys << EOF

# disable screensaver locking

gconftool-2 --direct
--config-source=xml:readwrite:/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults -s -t bool
/apps/gnome-screensaver/lock_enabled false >/dev/null

# set up timed auto-login for after 0 seconds

cat >> /etc/gdm/custom.conf << FOE
[daemon]
TimedLoginEnable=true
TimedLogin=liveuser