[Fedora-livecd-list] Creating a PPC live image

Mr.John phiporiphic at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 20:02:28 UTC 2009

Hello,

I am trying to create a ppc live image based on the fedora-livecd-desktop
kickstart. A PPC live image is conspicuously absent from the official F12
images, but I haven't been able to find out whether that's because it's
currently not possible or just wasn't done.

My first attempt seems to only contain an initrd for ppc64. The yaboot.conf
for ppc32 says "Sorry, this LiveCD does not support your hardware". I am not
sure why this happened, the kickstart files don't mention ppc64, and I ran
livecd-creator on a ppc32 machine.

What is the status of the livecd creation process for PPC? How can I
generate a desktop live spin for ppc?

Regards,
John