[Fedora-livecd-list] launch anaconda & kickstart from running livecd

Peter Scheie peter.scheie at visionshareinc.com
Thu Oct 15 18:03:47 UTC 2009

>From a running Centos liveCD (minimal) I want to launch anaconda with a
kickstart file.  Right now we build a small ISO using isolinux that
loads the kernel and points it to the kickstart file on an HTTP server
(ks=http://blah.blah.blah/ks.cfg).  But I want to gather some info from
the user and test some networking connections before launching anaconda,
thus the need for the liveCD.  I've got anaconda included in the livecd
and I can call it, but when I try to pass
--kickstart=http://blah.blah.blah/ks.cfg, it says 'no method specified'.
So, I added -m http:// with a path to the repos we use with our regular
installer, but while anaconda starts, it starts asking questions about
language, keyboard, etc., meaning it's not reading the kickstart file.

Note that I don't want to install the configuration that makes up the
livecd onto the hard drive; I want to use what we've defined in the
kickstart file.  I thought I'd be able to use the same syntax as in the
installer ISO I currently build, but that doesn't seem to be working
(why not?)  Is what I want to do feasible?  Am I just not getting the
syntax right?  TIA.

Peter