[Fedora-livecd-list] Unnecessary SELinux Failure Condition?

Jay Greguske jgregusk at redhat.com
Fri Sep 11 20:47:58 UTC 2009

Hello,

While using livecd-creator and poking around the code, I found a check
that I don't understand the reason for. livecd-creator will bail out if
the host has SELinux disabled and the kickstart file requests it be
enabled. Why is that? I would think that if SELinux was disabled but you
still had the policy available, that would be all you need to build a
properly labeled image.

Out of curiosity I made changes to the code just to see what would
happen. I attached them to this mail for reference, NOT as proposed
changes to be applied to the livecd-tools code. On an F10 system with
SELinux disabled I was able to build a working livecd image that I could
boot and play around in. SELinux was being enforced in the image too. I
was able to do this with a RHEL 5 kernel as well, just to see if maybe
something had changed with an earlier version of SELinux.

Perhaps the failure condition is no longer necessary?

Thanks in advance,
- Jay