Headsup on DBus changes

John (J5) Palmieri johnp at redhat.com
Tue Apr 26 01:51:49 UTC 2005

I just built dbus-0.33 into CVS.  No .so names have been changed in this
release so the C API remains the same.  However the Python API's have
changed quite a bit.  Anyone who uses the Python API should update their
packages.  I am available to look at code and help fix it.  This will be
the final major API update to DBus for FC4 and I don't expect the API to
change very much in the FC5 time frame.

I had requested all packages in core to start using Requires: dbus >=
0.32 sometime back so there should be no dependency problems.  Please
check your packages to make sure this is true.  Thanks.

--
John (J5) Palmieri
Associate Software Engineer