multilib fun - devel packages

Nalin Dahyabhai nalin at redhat.com
Fri Dec 9 19:05:24 UTC 2005

On Thu, Dec 08, 2005 at 07:12:43PM -0500, seth vidal wrote:
> we don't ship any multilib pkgs in extras at all.
>
> and if it is possible hopefully we can keep it that way! :)

Sorry, you lose. :(

Extras development contains modules for PAM (shared objects under
%{_lib}/security), for both GTK and Qt (under %{_libdir}/gtk-2.0 and
%{_libdir}/qt-*.*/plugins), and glibc (any shared object with a soname
matching 'libnss_*.so.2').

The libraries which use these modules are provided for multilib systems,
so any plugins which they can use should be also be provided for the
sake of apps which use those libraries.

Cheers,

Nalin