libxml v1 dependencies (was: Re: multilib fun - devel packages)

Christopher Blizzard blizzard at redhat.com
Fri Dec 16 14:59:02 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-12-16 at 02:48 -0800, Panu Matilainen wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Dec 2005, Christopher Blizzard wrote:
>
> +100
>
> Letting KDE enthusiastics package it the way they think it should be done
> in Extras instead of having them whining about "RH shipping broken KDE"
> is probably going to gain more friends than you lose by dropping it out of
> Core.

It's just something that needs to be handled pretty carefully.  Don't
want to see the story "Red Hat drops support for KDE" (we haven't really
supported it for a long time anyway) but more "enables community around
KDE" because that's the real goal.  Also don't want to see the confusion
of Fedora/Red Hat here.  It's likely that we will include KDE for a long
time in our Red Hat releases even though it comes from Extras.

--Chris