Preventing prelink from touching files during build

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Thu May 12 23:31:06 UTC 2005

> I'm building some packages that I need prelink to NOT touch wile
> building them (FC3 host).  What can I put in my spec to prevent
> prelink
> from making the files break?

Hrm, ends up not being prelink, I've removed it from the build box.
However my file keeps getting thwacked in a way that leads it to no
longer be executable.

On the same system I can run the install command I have listed in my
spec and the file works, so it has to be something in rpmbuild's
processing of the files that makes it not work.  Has anybody ran into
this that could help out?  It isn't prelink, it isn't debug stuff, I'm
running out of ideas.

Was I helpful?  Let others know: